Founded in 1975, the Austin Counties Car Club caters for Austin cars and derived & related commercial vehicles manufactured from 1939 – 54, (to 1957 for some commercial derivatives) starting with the Austin 8 h.p. and ending with the last pre-BMC Austin, and the last new Austin car to have a separate chassis, the A40 Somerset.
The club holds Local Meetings across the UK and one in the Republic of ireland – typically on a monthly basis.
The club is run by enthusiasts – all club officers and representa tives work on an entirely voluntary, unpaid basis. The club is open to all with an interest in our vehicles, whether owner of a ‘Counties’ vehicle or not.
The full range of models covered is:
- The Austin 8 h.p.
- The Austin 10 h.p. (launched in 1939)
- The Austin 12 h.p. (launched in 1939)
- The Austin 16 h.p. (launched in 1945)
- The Austin A40 Devon/Dorset
- The Austin A40 Somerset
- The Austin A70 Hampshire
- The Austin A70 Hereford
- The Austin A90 Atlantic
- The Austin A40 Sports
- Commercial derivatives of the A40
- Commercial derivatives of the A70
- The Austin K8 ‘3-way’ van and derivatives thereof.